Grand Haven Christian’s preschool classes are designed to meet the unique needs of three and four year old children. They provide a secure and caring environment in which children can learn through discovery and develop thinking skills and creative expression. Young Explorers Preschool emphasizes the worth of each student as a child of God.
Students must turn three or four by December 31st of the current school year and be fully potty trained to qualify for admittance to any of the programs offered below.
- 3’s English Preschool: 7:55-10:30 on Tuesday & Thursday
- 4’s English Preschool: 7:55-10:30 on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- 4’s Spanish Immersion Preschool: 11:55-2:30 on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
In GHC’s All-Day Preschool, your child will develop academically, socially, and spiritually under the guidance of a caring certified teacher. This program is designed to meet the needs of the whole child in a safe, Christ-centered environment. The pace of childhood will be respected with a balance of exploration and academically focused learning centers. All-day preschool prepares children for kindergarten and ultimately to be lifelong learners. This program is offered for 3, 4, and 5 year old students. Children must be 3 by September 1 for this class and be fully potty trained.
- Monday – Friday: 7:45-2:30
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 7:45-2:30
- Tuesday, Thursday: 7:45-2:30
Before and after school care is included with all-day preschool.
Young Fives is designed for children who would be young in a kindergarten class or need more time to develop academically and socially – a gift of time. It gives them an extra year to grow and master the skills necessary to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. All of God’s children develop at their own pace and Young Fives allows them to gain confidence before they begin their academic journey from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Monday *, Wednesday, & Friday: 7:45-2:30
*If you are looking for a full-time class, there is an option to join the Tuesday & Thursday all-day preschool.
We believe that all children are created in a unique and special way. Our kindergarten programs are designed to educate the whole child – spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically – while providing a nurturing environment in which they can grow. Our classroom environment includes center based activities, hands on learning, and outlets for creativity that are all rooted in our principles of Christian faith. GHC offers many options for our kindergarten classes in order to meet the needs of your child and family. These include Progressive Kindergarten, 3-Day Kindergarten ( Monday, Wednesday, & Friday), or 5-day Kindergarten (Monday- Friday).
- Monday-Friday (English or Spanish immersion): 7:45-2:30
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday (English only): 7:45-2:30
- Progressive Kindergarten (English only): 7:45-2:30 * Students gradually progress to full-time Kindergarten by adding Tuesdays in November, and adding Thursdays in March, if desired.