GHC offers a Christ-centered middle school experience which offers high academic standards designed to address the unique needs of each student. Our program flows from a middle school philosophy, intended to reach and teach the whole child in a safe and nurturing environment. We understand the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social adjustments that occur in middle schoolers and are committed to supporting students and their parents during this time of transition.
Students are offered opportunities to flourish as individuals, as well as participating in teams of fellow students. “Team Challenge” divides middle school students into groups of four or five, that including students from grades six, seven, and eight. These teams are challenged to complete various tasks that range from solving word puzzles to obstacle courses. The students have many opportunities to encourage one another, learn perseverance, and celebrate successes.
Middle school students have the opportunity to join band, choir, intramurals, and enrichment classes during the school day. As extracurricular options, we offer a wide variety of team sports, an annual middle school play production, student council, and various student-led committees. Winterim is also a highlight of the year, when students have the opportunity to explore two unique classes for the week. These experiences allow students to choose and participate in different hands-on classes, which provide opportunities for service, new recreation type activities, or possible future careers.
What does GHC Middle School provide?
- Opportunities to interact with other grade levels
- Service learning opportunities based on each child’s spiritual gifts
- Learning to be a leader! Middle school comes with certain privileges, as well as responsibilities. Students are groomed to be positive role models for younger children.
- Christian teachers meet weekly to discuss needs and to pray for the students. Your child is known and loved here.
- Greater opportunities to grow in faith with intentional faith-stretching activities
- Full array of specials offered each year (band, choir, physical education, technology, Spanish, art)
- 1:1 Chromebook implementation
- Educational Support Services for those who require additional support or challenges
- A celebration of the “middle years” and the growth and experiences of each student
- Sports: basketball, volleyball (girls), soccer, track & field, baseball (boys)
- Student Council
- Middle School Theater
- Chapel Committee
- Service Learning opportunities
- Team Challenge
- Enrichment classes
- 8th Grade exam project (Capstone Project)
- Class trips
- Middle School Camp
- Bible Bowl
- Ski Club